Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

REVIEW: Hard Candy - Primer


BLABBLE: I haven't been using primer for the past few months just because I've been trying to wear 'less' product on my face.. however, because I was close to the end of my SmashBox PhotoFinish primer, I picked this one up for a 'backup'. For a while, I've been using the primer everyday.


THE GOOD: Upon application, it feels slippery but after letting it set and dry, this will give you a very smooth and even canvas to work your foundation on. It feels similar to the Smashbox one but probably a bit more silicone-y, in my opinion. This definitely helped my make-up stay a bit longer than usual and it did not break me out. Also, you only need to use a pea-sized amount because a little goes a long way with this product. It could end up looking greasy or oily if too much is applied. Let it set for a few minutes and your foundation will apply super nicely.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: If I don't use it for a while, I find that it gets 'liquify' and so you have to give it a shake or two to get it mixed back up with the primer.


BASICALLY....: I think this is worth trying out. I believe I purchased mine for ~$15 CDN .. but things here are usually overpriced anyway.. All in all, it's a good price for a good primer.

J

1 comment:

  1. GREAT review! Really helful because I badly need a primer. I'm not sure if they sell this brand in Ireland. Do they sell it online??

    ReplyDelete