Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June 2012 GlossyBox (Canadian)


I know I am usually super late on posting about the new boxes (subscription beauty sampling services) but this one was not my fault! My June GlossyBox just arrived on my doorstep yesterday (July 3rd!). At any rate, here is what was in my GlossyBox for last month.

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser - full size
This is something different than I am use to (I usually prefer gel cleansers) but hopefully this one will work since I have never purchased any cleanser targeted specifically for blackheads.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion 
I already own one of these samples and I keep it in my makeup bag. I do like Neutrogena sunscreens since they do not leave a white cast and they have never broken me out, however, I prefer sunscreens with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as active ingredients. 
Wella Professionals Ocean Spiritz

Wella Professionals Ocean Spiritz - full size
I was pretty excited about this product because I have never owned nor tired any beach texturizing hair spays but at the same time, since I do have naturally straight and thick hair, I doubt that this would work on me. It is a nice selection for the summer.
Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex

Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex
Again, I literally have another one lying somewhere in my drawer that was given to me from my sister. There goes two for my mom.



CoverGirl Blast Flipstick Blendable Lip Duo

CoverGirl Blast Flipstick Blendable Lip Duo - full size
While it was nice to find another full size product, this product is not for me - the product itself and the shade I received it in. I think that subscription companies should stray away from products that are really personal to each individual. From previous experiences, like LuxeBox and TopBox, the shades sent to me for whatever product were better suited for me mainly because they tailor to your personal style and taste based on the survey you were to complete at the beginning. I don't think GlossyBox even attempts to tailor to your style and taste - maybe they only have one shade and they just send it out to everyone? 

Gillette Venus Embrace Razor

Gillette Venus Embrace Razor
I currently own this same razor (plus a few more because I keep receiving them as free samples from other sources). They are not the best but they do the job.


Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strip
I have never tried any pore strips as I usually use masks to deep clean my pores but this is a nice alternative, though I will probably not spend $1 on strip.


I will just point out that three of the samples that I have received in the box, I have received for free before through things like the P&G sampler boxes so I was not particularly pleased with this, but I know this is a sampling beauty product site so I cannot blame them.

And I have praised GlossyBox previously about their packaging but it means nothing if it arrives at your door in a not so perfect condition even despite the actual box inside another shipping box. One corner was dented and the edge of one side was dented as well.



XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment