Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

August 2012 Favourites

mac 188 duo fibre brush
MAC 188 Duo Fibre Brush
MAC 188 Duo Fibre Brush - I got this a while back so I have been using for the past month and so and I really love it. Before I purchased this, I was using a flat top brush to apply my foundation and while that brush does a good job of blending my foundation, I felt that the density of that brush makes me feel as though I am constantly dragging and tugging at my skin, especially when I'm in a rush. This MAC 188 brush is prefect because it's not dense but because it has duo fibre bristles, you can still easy get an airbrushed look but stippling on your foundation. This brush is my go-to brush right now.

lip butter creamsicle
Revlon Lip Butter - Creamsicle
Revlon Lip Butter - Creamsicle - I really did not expect to fall this in love with this product but I did! I love that it is a three in one and it is a great pick me up for those days when I want to tone down my naturally-pigmented lips. I'm not kind to wear lipstick and lipgloss for school but I have no problem popping this on.

cerave
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream - I love this cream! The consistency is quite thick and creamy but it does not feel heavy on the skin at all. I used this as a facial moisturizer and it did not break me out. It's definitely a great moisturizer to use in the winter time and/or at night if you need that extra hydration. I do not use this in the morning because I do feel like it does need a little more time to sink into the skin. I am completely done with this huge tub of product (it lasted me for such a long time, at least 4 months, and I use this on my neck too).

nars douceur blush

NARS Blush in Douceur - While I do own a couple of NARS products (Laguna, Orgasm blush, etc) and the Danmari blush palette, this is the shade I have been reaching for. I’ve been loving this because of it’s “double-duty” function; since it is a neutral, brown and mauvey shade, it doubles amazingly as a contour. On those days where my face feels slightly bloated in the morning, I definitely use this (even over NYX Raisin) for a more sculpted look along with my bronzer. I am a big fan of NARS blushes as they are really pigmented and I love that this blush is not overly shimmery so it gives me a subtle glow but not too crazy such that the “contour” looks unrealistic and fake. One can absolutely use this alone as blush and contour.

XO Nicole

1 comment:

  1. When I saw your photo of Couceur I was about to suggest that its perfect for contour, until I read the part that you already use it as such. I'm usually afraid w nars blushes bec im acquainted with the shimmery ones, but this one looks really nice :D

    ReplyDelete