I came across a few different blogs and videos on back to school makeup basics and they all seemed pretty redundant to me, ie. just conceal, light eyeshadow, tinted lip balm and mascara! I think we all know how to keep our makeup routine minimal just by choosing and using the essential products so I didn't want to go that route for this blog post. Rather, I decided to do a post on what I'm packing in my little makeup/emergency bag for back to school.
P.S. I'm starting my senior year of university today - it's last home stretch till graduation so I'm keeping my makeup minimal to save time for sleeping and acing those courses! What about you?
- Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder - as I mentioned in the corresponding blog post for this product, this does a really job of absorbing the oil on my face, although the shade is a bit to pale for me at this moment! I really like the fact that this does not cake your face and it is relatively inexpensive. By the way, this is my second compact of this stuff! (Full review here)
- Dr. Bronner's Magic Organic Lip Balm in Peppermint - this has been my favorite lip balm thus far. I have opted for this lip balm over the EOS lip balms (both are organic and natural, which is what I am going for) and I really enjoy this. When I apply this, it feels like it's literally putting butter or oil on my lips - like it's melts instantly on your lips. The peppermint scent is great too - it feels like I have fresh breath! It also gives a slight tingle which I also love. I will definitely be purchasing another Dr. Bronner's lip balm when I finish this one up.
- Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks - these are a lifesaver, especially if you are like me and have oily eyelids and are always experimenting with new mascaras. I have a ton of sample mascaras that are unfortunately nonwaterproof so when I wear them, I might have smudges throughout the day but these can clean them up in no time.
- Oil-Blotting Sheets - I purchase pretty 'generic' blotting sheets because they do the job at a very low price. I should also mention though that since using the Skindinavia Make Up Finishing Spray, my oil-production has been more controlled and I have not found the need to reach for this as frequently.
- Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 - I love the fact that this lipbalm has SPF in it as my stick chapstick does not. I also love this because it gives crazy shine on your lips. If layered over a lipstick, it will look like you have a lipgloss on. I love it even though it is not my #1 most moisturizing lip balm product.
- Travalo - I find spraying on perfume as opposed to using rollerballs to be more effective and more long-lasting for me so I always have to have this handy. You can read more about the Travalo here. As of right now, I have my travalo filled with a mixture of perfumes. I love to combine perfumes (that might be weird to some of you but I have yet to come upon a nasty chemical reaction between different scents - phew!) and I also like to switch them out every once in a while so I usually do not fill it in to the max (just a tip if you guys are like me)!