Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nordstrom (Mario Badescu, Bobbi Brown), Coach, Las Vegas Souvenirs Haul


My sister went to Las Vegas (NV,USA) during our reading break and while I did not have much in mind for her to help my lug back, I did send her to Nordstrom to help me pick up some new skincare products and a new press powder. She came back with all I asked and some cute Vegas souvenirs that I just had to include in this post.

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
I've been wanting to try Mario Badescu's skincare line for a while now. I have ordered and received some samples of the products that they recommended me and I haven't even tried those samples out yet, I had already put this on the shopping list because I was that confident in them. Let's hope I am right! The most raved about product from Mario Badescu is probably their enzyme cleaser. I wanted this because it was recommended to me and the brochure (as well as reviews found online) claims that this is great for removing makeup. Therefore, I am planning to use this hopefully in place of my skinID cleanser in the evening time when I remove my makeup and use my Clarisonic. Of course, a review post will be up as soon as I switch this in my rotation.


Mario Badescu Whitening Mask
Mario Badescu Whitening Mask
When my sister saw this product name on the list, she asked me why on earth do I need a "whitening mask", given that I am super pale already. She is not the only one misleaded by the product name as read on reviews. This mask is not made to make your skin whiter silly! It's actually suppose to "righten uneven skin tones and gently minimize the look of old acne scars and discolorations from the sun", which is the main concern of my skin right now so I cannot wait to break this out. This was really pricey though! It cost $24.00 for a 2oz container.

Sheer Finish Pressed Powder
Sheer Finish Pressed Powder
I've been staying long nights on campus and therefore, my makeup, whether or not is used with the "longest lasting" claim products while inevitably fade due to my combo skin. My Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and Maybelline Pure Stay Powder & Foundation has hit pan so I thought this would be the perfect time to try out the high-end stuff (I have decided that my face/skin is worth higher-end products. Yes.) As a big fan of Bobbi Brown (a Bobbi Brown collection post will be up soon), this was a no-brainer - and the fact that they have a shade called 'Pale Yellow' - I'm pale and I have yellow undertone. Also, where I live, you can only get this particular BB product at one location!





These are the adorable Vegas souvenirs my sister brought back for me! Though I am not very fond of the idea of having my name attached to my keys where everyone can see and therefore know my name, I have to put this on my keys. .. It's only polite right? Nah, I love these ! The M&M guy kind of looks pervy but still cute nevertheless. He makes it so much easier to find my keys in my bag.

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment