Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

May 2012 GlossyBox Canada


My relationships with monthly subscriptions had long been over after experimenting with a few different services but I just could not pass up trying Glossybox. I've seen UK bloggers'/vloggers' reviews and hauls on them and I always thought how lovely their boxes were so when they expanded into the North Americans, I decided to give it a try - I mean, have you seen their packaging? Their sturdy pink boxes that hold the products really did lure me in, I'm not going to lie. Out of all the services I've subscribed to in the past, the Glossybox box is the most high quality and it really does make receiving their packaging each month a joy in itself.

Here is what my Glossybox included (you can find these listed also on their website):

 
Simple - Eye Make-Up Remover

Tried it but it did not remove my waterproof mascara but I was expecting it to anyway. Waterproof mascara does not budge.


Simple - Refreshing Facial Wash Gel
I tried this with my Clarisonic and it wasn't anything special. I didn't find it to be particularly great at removing all my makeup without the Clarisonic but it did not cause me to break out, which is always a plus. With that said, I will not be repurchasing though.
 


 Curel Targeted Therapy Foot Therapy
I don't use foot cream.. but maybe now is a good time to try? I do like the size of this sample though! Good for those with larger feet :)


Sebastian Professional - Volupt Shampoo (full size)
Have not tried, but pleased with this full size product.

 
Pandora's Makeup Box - Lipstick

Have not tried nor do I plan to because the shade is just not for me. I received this in 'Charmer' which is a bright red/pink shade that reminds me a lot of Elf's Party Pink lipstick, but much more brighter.


Overall, I LOVE their packaging, as mentioned earlier and I really like that the products vary from skincare to makeup to hair. Although I must add that I did not like receiving two items from the same company/brand (ie. Simple eye make-up remover and the refreshing facial wash gel) because if one is sensitive to that particular brand, then two products go to waste instead of one. Out of all the subscription services I have tried, Glossybox is definitely the best but it is also more expensiver than the rest ($15/month, vs. $10/month for TopBox and the previous fee of $10/month for LuxeBox) but I think it is worth it if you are deciding between the different services. There are many pros and cons when it comes to choosing these services so be sure to check them all out to see which ones are partnered with the brands you love most!





XO Nicole

1 comment: