Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

House of Harlow 1960 Black Leather Station Necklace

House of Harlow 1960 14k Yellow Gold-Plated Black Leather Station Necklace

The ever-so popular statement necklace is now in possession of my sister, courtesy of me! I purchased the House of Harlow 1960 Black Leather Station necklace for my sister’s birthday because she had mentioned that she really wanted it and I thought that this piece is a really simple yet nice piece to own so it was not hard to purchase something like this for her. There are a few variations of this necklace (material and colour) but my sister (and I) really liked the black and matte patent leather - simple and classic. The necklace is 14" in length with a 2" extender, and a lobster clasp.

A lot of companies have been inspired by this design and this one, being the original and yet not that pricey, makes for a great piece to have in your collection. I purchased this from ShopBop. I have read some reviews saying that the quality of the necklace was not high quality at all, for example, the the black patent leather material was not assembled on as nicely, so I was a bit worried that mine would have turned out to be like that but thankfully, that was not the case. The quality of the necklace is very sturdy and made really nicely. What I really like about this necklace is that you can dress it up (with a dress) or dress it down (with a t-shirt or tank even!), giving some edge to the whatever outfit you are wearing.

The packaging was not fancy at all though, as you see in one of the photos posted. It really did just come in a ziploc bag with bubble wrap (inside a ShopBox shipping box of course) but as long as the necklace was secure and protected, I didn’t really mind (I stuck this inside a GlossyBox and gave it to my sister)l





XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment