Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dr Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm Photos, Swatches and Review

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm is my first western BB cream and just BB cream in general. I've always known about BB cream but have never given it a try to the lack of reviews and the poor accessibility of these products as they were more localized in Asia. However, ever since BB cream became all the rave last year, almost everyone jumped on the bandwagon and reviews started spewing out. Now, I was very enticed at this point, however, I was very put off by the mixed reviews and the fear that the shade would not match, etc. etc. In addition, upon further researching, I found that a lot of the original/Asian BB creams contained ingredients that I would like to avoid: parabens and chemical active sunscreen ingredients. If I were to try out a BB cream, it would have to be an "original" (aka with all the benefits that comes with a true BB cream) so my BB cream journey stopped there - or never even started.. until I  stumbled upon this bad boy on the Sephora website. Although this is not a BB cream to be found in the Asian market, the Dr. Jart+ brand is Korean and is manufactured in Korea. Also, I am a sucker for products developed by doctors (#medicalschoolhopeful).

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

This had everything I was looking for in a BB cream: it contains physical active sunscreen ingredients (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide), has benefiting properties for the skin (brightening with arbutin), being paraben-free and lightweight, etc, along with some added bonuses: it is cruelty free and dermatologist tested, it has nice and sleek packaging, etc. This is a true BB cream that has been made specifically for the Western market (you cannot find this on Dr. Jart's website). 

The BB cream comes in only one shade. Upon application, it does seem really pink based but when blended out and let set on the skin for a little while, the shade matches your skin-tone very nicely. The finish is definitely not a matte one but instead, is a more dewy-natural finish. I didn't find that the BB cream kept me skinfree, but then again, it didn't say that it would. It's no different than me wearing a foundation - I still have oiliness in my T-zone by the end of the day no matter what I set it with (powder and spray). The coverage of this BB cream is medium, meaning that concealer is only needed on areas where you have breakouts or darker acne marks. With this, if I am lazy, I am OK skipping concealer all together because this just smoothes and evens out your complexion that with even some imperfection left peaking out is not going to ruin your whole day (in my opinion, especially if you are going for the natural look). One pump (as seen in the photo) is all that I need to cover my whole face. I apply this with my fingers as it really helps melt the product into your skin that much better (I usually never use my fingers for foundation application but one reviewer on Sephora warned users to apply this as if you were applying moisturizer "or the results will be poor" - I took that advise and just ran with it and it works great!) I also love that this product is suitable for acne-prone skin and has properties to combat blemishes and scars left behind.





The packaging is super sleek too - I was really impressed by it. It's a tube but it's made out of shiny plastic material that makes it great for having it stand up on your vanity or what-have-you. I think that they did great in this department because it is not too masculine and not too feminine (this is suitable for both men and women). 

I am very content to have found a BB cream that has everything I am looking for and more! Ever since I received this, I have not touched my foundations at all. This is so easy to blend and if you are not like me and are OK with SPF 25 and the moisturizing properties of this, then this would definitely be the ultimate multitasking product aka timesaver for you! For $36USD/CDN, I definitely think that this product is worth it so I will definitely be repurchasing this.


Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment