Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cherry Culture Haul (Jordana, NYX)


I was watching Nurberxo’s blogTV one evening and she was mentioning how much she loved the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara so me, being the mascara junkie I am, I gave that mascara a quick google only to find outstanding reviews on it on makeupalley. The reviews were superb: lengthening, long wearing, volumizing, easily available, and dirt cheap. I could not pass this up - the only thing that did keep me from running out the door and stashing a few tubes of these was the fact that none of the drugstores here in Canada carry the Jordana brand. Thus, I had to resort to google, again, and I found that Cherry Culture sold this. Because international shipping on Cherry Culture depends on the weight of products purchased, I had to decide whether I should buy multiples, just in case I fall so in love with it that I would want/need backups or if I should just try one and if I didn’t like it, I would have no extras to get rid of but if I did like it, fork out some extra bills for the proceeding shipment. I bite the bullet and ordered three. Along with that, I picked up two lip products that were not readily available here as well. I do not own any lipliners whatsoever so I thought with Jordana’s unbelievably affordable price, it would not hurt to give it a go. The Jordana Easyliner For Lips shade I chose was "Tawny" - I had thought that this would be more of a nude colour but it's really a dark pink with mauvey undertones. The NYX Tinted Lip Spa was an impulse buy though ... and it's one that I regret! The color box on Cherry Culture had this shade looking like it would be a nude, peachy tint and the swatches I looked up was not what was reality for me; the lip spa turned out to be a bright and sheer pink I have a lot of sheer pink lip products so this one, I could have really done with out.








I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Jordana mascara is all that it is hyped up to be! I'm always on the hunt for an affordable HG mascara! ;)

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment