Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Drugstore Haul (Spring Empties Follow Up)


This shopping trip was well needed to replace most of the "necessities" that I have used up (see previous posts). Some stuff were extra but nevertheless, justifiable. Most of these items were purchased at Walmart with an exception to a couple things that were purchased from London Drugs.

Goody Classics Mini Claw Clips - I love these mini claw clips and must have them with me at all times. Needless to say, I break these easily and even though I can do with one missing claw, it always bothers me, I don't know why. I am glad that Walmart had these again (for a period of time, I couldn't find them anywhere or they were too expensive). This pack costs $4 CAD and comes with 9 clips.

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil - The two organic lip balms that I finished up  during last semester left me wanting something more exciting. While people may not think Burt's Bee is exciting, I was really looking forward to trying their lip balms because I have never done so. London Drugs was having a Buy 1 Get 1 promo on this duo pack so I decided that it was a sign for me to finally try them. Of course, I get tired easily and need something new so I am not anticipating that I will use all four chapsticks by myself, unless they're life changing - which I am doubtful.

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Face Powder in Translucent Light - I've gone through 2 Dream Matte Powders (by Maybelline) and so I was ready for a change. I decided to try this powder because it had good reviews (on MakeupAlley) and because it is made by PF, I thought it would have good ingredients. Though I have never really tried PF products before (because it is quite pricey for a drugstore brand) but I was under the assumption that they had this kind of a philosphy. However, this product contains parabens (as does the Dream Matte powders), but every powder that I have looked at (that are also affordable/from the drugstores) contains some kind of paraben so I guess I will have to live with it. I also wanted to try Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder but that does not come with a puff or a mirror. The puff and the mirror is essential for me in a pressed powder because it's the one face product that I am most likely to bring with me so I want it to have dual-function.

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush - I got overly excited when I saw that London Drugs now carries the individual brushes (both LD and Walmart initially only carried the collection sets). We all know that I do not need anymore brushes, especially buffing/synthethic foundation brushes because not only do I have my Sigma brushes waiting for me to use but also because I don't even wear foundation on a day to day basis - though I have recently been longing to buy a new foundation. I guess this was a sign of my itch to start wearing foundation again.

Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer - This was crazy expensive for a drugstore moisturizer but because I have been breaking out for some unknown reason, I wanted a moisturizer that would help with my breakouts. This moisturizer has salicylic acid in it.

Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening System - Trying a new whitening system/impulse buy (I was initially going to buy Crest Whitestrips but this was on sale so I took that as a sign...)

XO Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment