Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Empties Part 5 - Face Makeup


Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm - I had a pleasant experience with Dr. Jart BB cream but I ready to move on. Even though it was good, I wanted to try something else. I really liked this BB cream but it did not last on my face and it felt kind of “filmy” and it does have a strong pink undertone to it. Look out for a comparison post between this BB cream and the new one I have been using. Read my full review here. Also look out for a post where I compare this BB cream with Missha BB cream.

CLEAN & CLEAR Soothing Eye Makeup Remover - I am so happy that I finally finished this makeup remover! I purchased this on a whim because I needed some kind of makeup remover so I didn't have time to read the reviews on this. This is probably the worst makeup remover that I have ever tried. No matter how much I use and how long I leave it the cotton round on my eye, nothing comes off – even with a little bit of rubbing. Keep in mind that I do wear a bajillion layers of waterproof mascara but the fact that this barely removed even one layer is a bit ridiculous. This did do the job of removing makeup on the skin (ie. Mascara on my eyelids) but again, I have tried better. Read my review on a new makeup remover that actually works on me!

Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Setting Spray - This makeup setting spray does nothing for me. I still get oily half way through the day (I don't have overly oily skin either) and my makeup does not last all day. My days can start from 6am – 12am and even though I am not expecting my makeup to look exactly the way that it did at 7am, this spray does not keep my makeup looking great halfway through the day. That being said, I have 2 more bottles of this to go. One of them is the bridal version so hopefully that one will deliver.

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder - Another Dream Matte powder done! Although this does a great job in mattifying the face, I am ready for something new. I do recommend this for very oily skin. It's a great powder - I just hate the packaging.

XO Nicole

1 comment: