Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring Empties Part 3: Facial Care


Sophyto Balancing Daily Moisturizer - This moisturizer cost me ~$32CAD but I really don't know what is so great about it. It's moisturizing and it has good ingredients but it is way overpriced for what it is. I am sure that there are cheaper alternatives out there that offer the same benefits.

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum - Wow, did this serum go fast or what? This is my first full sized serum so I wasn't sure what to expect. I guess this is probably the time span of 30ml of products when you use one pea-sized amount each night. Overall, this serum helped my face through the winter months. I have oily skin so I was able to get away with using this but if you have really dry skin or live somewhere colder than Montreal, I would suggest going for something more moisturizing. It smells really nice and absorbs in your skin really quickly so I was able to use this in the mornings too prior to putting on my makeup. I would repurchase this again sometime in the future for the spring or summer. It smells amazing and I love the packaging; the bottle is made out of glass and it has a plastic pump which dispenses the perfect right amount.

Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Crème - Unlike the serum, the moisturizer did not smell at all.  I felt that even though this moisturizer did absorb into my skin relatively fast, it left my skin a bit shiny until I put powder over my BB cream. The consistency is more of a lotion rather than a "creme" so this was a bit too light to wear as a night time moisturizer. I wore this in the morning underneath my makeup. I probably would not repurchase this on its own again.

Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel – I went through this mini full sized bottle quite fast. The thing with this is that it did not work for me. It did not dry up my pimples as fast as I hoped for. In fact, it works the same as my drugstore spot treatments. Needless to say, I will not be spending another $16 on this mini product. Next up is the Mario Badescu drying lotion!

Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head (Delicate) - This is the first acne Clarisonic brush head I tried and it so much softer than the original. After having to go back to the original, I think I much prefer this brush head better because it is more gentle.

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment