Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Collection: Fragrances

  1. Baby Phat Goddess Eau de Toilette - "Baby Phat Goddess has a blend of gardenia, white rosebuds, cedrat flower, blue lily, hyacinth, black pepper, seringa, musk and exotic woods."
  2. Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Eau de Parfum - "Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline."
  3. MARC BY MARC JACOBS Lola Eau de Parfum Spray - "Notes: grapefruit, peppercorns, pear, fuchsia, geranium, peony, rose, musk, tonka bean, vanilla."
  4. Vera Wang Princess Eau de Parfum Spray - "Notes: Water Lily, Lady Apple, Mandarin Meringue, Golden Apricot Skin, Ripe Pink Guava, Tahitian Flower, Wild Tuberose, Dark Chocolate, Pink Frosting Accord, Precious Amber, Forbidden Woods, Royal Musk Captive, Chiffon Vanilla."
  5. Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy Eau de Parfum - "Notes: Tangerine, stargazer lily, sweet orange, fluid sandalwood, jasmine, amber, vanilla bean, sweet Napolitano cake, verbena, jacaranda wood, grapefruit blossom."
  6. Chloe Chloé Eau de Parfum - "Notes: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lilly of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey."
  7. Hello Sugar by La Senza Eau de Toilette - "A deliciously sweet indulgence with sugary hints of berries and vanilla. A charming surprise of bergamot, raspberry and strawberry begins a fragrant journey with a touch of cotton candy mixed with addictive notes of black licorice and liquid caramel. At journey's end, the welcoming warmth of vanilla, sandalwood and musk."
  8. Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum Spray - "Notes: Guava, tangerine, Honeysuckle and linden blossom, Patchouli, amber and sweet praline."
  9. Jessica Simpson Fancy Love Eau de Parfum Spray - "Romantic fragrance blends goji leaf, peach blossom, bergamot and blush champagne with notes of lotus blossom, peony, plumeria, jasmine and rose. Fancy Love finishes with a heady touch of creamy amber, blonde woods, musk and patchouli."
I've lived and learned with perfumes. One of the lessons being not to purchase drugstore/cheap perfumes because quite frankly, most cheap perfumes smell just like, cheap perfumes. That is not say that all cheap(ier) perfumes are crappy but it is quite inevitable that a higher end/more luxiourous perfumes are so distinugishable as such and are more long lasting (especially if it's an eau de parfum) and therefore, in my opinion, worth the splurge (compared to "wasting" money on the cheap stuff that one, does not smell all that great and possibly can give you headaches with one spritz, and two, does not last at all).

Another dilemma that I have when it comes to buying perfume is that I can fall so madly in love with one particular scent for the longest time that I want to buy a big bottle but then I just get tired of so easily and so quickly. This has happened for me for all of these scents. Even the number one fragrance on my wishlist for the longest time, Chanel's Chance Eau Tendre, I have gone to get tired of it and I do not even own this! I have been smelling this everywhere I go that it's so common that I do not want it anymore (is that weird)? I still love it so much whenever I smell it on someone but then it just reminds me that every other girl has this perfume!

My top picks from my collection will have to be Chloé and Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson. Chloé just smells so soft and feminine. This along with Chance Eau Tendre would have to be the most girly and romantic scents that I have smelled. Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson was definitely a surprise for me. I did not expect it to smell that good that I had to go and buy a second backup set of this (pictured here is my second bottle). The set that I found at Shoppers Drug Mart for $20CDN also came with a rollerball that I am also very close to finishing up. This stuff smells florally but in a very soft way. Fancy Love is definitely an exception in that it delivers in scent, and affordability, and longevity.

This post made me realize that most of these scents that I own are very, very sweet, that it makes me totally justify getting Dior 'Miss Dior' Eau de Parfum Spray for fall/winter.

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment