Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Standout Skincare and Beauty Products of 2012

Standout Skincare and Beauty Products of 2012

The year of 2012 has been a quiet year for me in terms of buying new "unnecessary" makeup as I initially set out a 12 limit beauty product buy last year - which I failed miserably, but nonetheless, I did find some great products that I could argue were more on the "necessary" side. Most of these products were either "needed" for the face or cleanser or remover.
  1. SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover - I am a mascara/big lashes fiend - if you know me, you will know that I am absolutely obsessed with layering my mascaras. By the end of the night, I probably have 10+ coats of waterproof mascara on and this is the only eye makeup remover that I have found to be even close to effective in removing any mascara.
  2. Cover Fx Pressed Mineral Foundation - Since I have been using a BB cream this year, I needed a bit of help for that extra coverage and this product has been amazing. Not only are there a huge variety of shades that I found one that matches me perfectly, but this product is so finely milled and pigmented that it does not make me look cakey at all. 
  3. Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm - I love this product - it matches me great, has decent coverage and has a lot of great benefits! Read my full review here.
  4. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel - This has to be my favorite cleanser that I have tried this year. It smells great, a little goes a long way and it removes makeup amazingly! This is perfect to use in conjuction with a Clarisonic too, however, the one downside to this product is that it contains parabens! If this cleanser did not have parabens, I would definitely be repurchasing this. If parabens do not bother you, I highly recommend this cleanser - it is a bit pricey for a cleanser but it is really lovely.
  5. Skindinavia Original Make Up Setting Spray - I purchased this on a whim but this product proved to come in handy when I was in a rush and layered my makeup quickly (and sometimes, very messy) but with a few spitz of this spray, I did not have to worry. My makeup looks nicely blended afterwards (I don't really know how?) and it makes my makeup lasts longer than when I go without this product. It does not control oiliness though.
  6. Jurlique Calendula Cream - This is a pricey moisturizer but it has proved to worth it. At first, it is quite a thick consistency but when you warm it between your fingertips (as directed on the tube), it becomes very easily to apply to the skin. It contains Calendula which is an anti-inflammatory agent to soothe the skin and reduce any redness. I have been using this at night even though it says it is most ideal for daytime and in particular, after sun-exposure, but nonetheless, when I wake up in the morning, my skin is not as red.
  7. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna - I finally broke this out because I did not want it to go to waste and I love this stuff. I have super pale skin and this adds such a nice warm glow to my complexion. I never go without this product when I am wearing makeup - I would even choose this over blush any time when I was in a rush.
  8. L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes - Fibre mascaras are definitely the way to go if you are looking for length. I have tried the Maybelline Illegal Lengths and loved it but I find this mascara to be more lengthening and volumizing. This is probably most lenghthening mascara I have used thus far.
Hope you all had an amazing 2012 and on a more materialistic level (in relation to this post), have found some standout/HG products like I did. Check out my wishlist of products that I am looking forward to try for the upcoming year.

Standout Skincare and Beauty Products of 2012
XO Jenny

1 comment:

  1. This post is awesome! I love the picture with all the products! :) I'd have to say, I haven't tried any of these products, but I might try them soon!

    ReplyDelete