Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Perfume Review


Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Perfume Review

After searching high and low for a new scent for the summer, I caved in and opened this bottle that I had hidden in my makeup stash. I couldn't find a scent that I fell in love with and since I knew that I liked the scent enough (from previous samples), I though I might as well use it. 

I don't care too much for the packaging - it's pretty and simple but once you're done all the perfume, it won't look nice as a display. Another thing to note is that the perfume looks pink in Lancome's promos/ads, but it is actually a peachy orange shade in real life (as you can see from my photos).

I think this perfume is good for the summer but it might be too sweet for your liking if you prefer fresh scents. I see this also being lovely for the fall because it has a warmth to it. At first, La Vie est Belle smells very sweet but once it dries down, it becomes warmer and a bit "powdery". This actually reminds me a lot of Viktor&Rolf's Flowerbomb.

The biggest downside to this perfume is that it does not have any lasting power whatsoever. I have the 50 ml bottle and have been using it everyday since the beginning of June and I have about ~30% left. I constantly have to refill my travalo because I constantly have to keep reapply this perfume throughout the day! As with any other perfume, I recommend you guys smelling it first, but this one especially. I would recommend spraying it on yourself to see if you like it enough to buy it, knowing that you would probably need to bring an atomizer with you everywhere you go. I really do like this scent but I just wish it had some sort of lasting power. 

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Perfume Review

XO Nicole

1 comment:

  1. strangely i really enjoy this perfume. i didn't think i would. for some reason i associate lancome perfumes with middle aged ladies but this one really has my attention lately.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete