Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Summer Vichy Finds: Idéal Soleil Sun Care Reviews


We are half way through summer and while I am looking forward to fall (AKA my favourite season), I am quite enjoying the warmer weather. It hasn't been overly hot so I have been spending a lot of time outside. Summer is my least favourite season so I would've be so much more hesitant if I didn't have some new skincare products to help protect my skin during and after sun exposure. Thankfully, I was able to try out some sun-care products that I probably wouldn't have picked up myself, but thanks to Chickadvisor* I got the opportunity to try them. Spoiler alert: I love them. Continue reading for my full reviews on the VIchy Idéal Soleil Ultra Light Lotion SPF 30 and Vichy Idéal Soleil After Sun Hydrating Milk Care.

Vichy Idéal Soleil Ultra Light Lotion SPF 30 (‎30ml, $25.95 CAD)
I really enjoyed this sunscreen. For me, it lives up to it’s “ultra light lotion” claim and I don’t notice too much of a white cast. Though it is quite fast drying, it is still an easy product to apply. It hasn’t broken me out or given me any skin irritations which I am not surprised by because it doesn’t leave my skin looking greasy throughout the day. This lotion is quite pricey for the size that you get (30ml - and it's the same price as the ), but if you are looking for a new fairly matte sunscreen to try, this might be a good choice.

Vichy Idéal Soleil After Sun Hydrating Milk Care (300ml, $29.95 CAD)
This Vichy Idéal Soleil After Sun Hydrating Milk Care is pretty amazing. I never give much thought into after sun-care so I typically go for the cheaper drugstore brands, but I don’t know if I can go back to those having tried this product. The after sun hydrating milk care has ingredients that not only helps nourish and repair the skin after sun exposure, it also makes it more resistant against subsequent sun exposure - a huge bonus. This product has a lovely clean scent and a light milky consistency so it is super easy to apply. It leaves my skin feeling and looking so soft and supple that I have been using as a regular moisturizer, regardless of whether or not I have been spending time out in the sun! That being said, it is a bit pricey to buy solely for the purpose of a moisturizer but in the summer it is totally worth it. I feel like it really adds an extra level of care and overall nourishment which allows you to spend even more time outdoors.

These two products are easily my favourite new discoveries this summer. I always have them ready if I know that I would be lounging out in the sun! I will probably continue to use and repurchase the ultra light lotion throughout the year, and will finish up the After Sun Hydrating Milk Care until next summer rolls around! If you are still making the most of this gorgeous summer weather and sunshine like I am, I definitely recommend you check these products out!

XO Jenn

*received products free for testing purposes but as always, reviews are honest and opinions are of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment